In an effort to accelerate development, Bountysource is working with the Cassandra Project Management Committee (PMC) to close top issues. When the fundraiser ends, we will use all funds raised to create bounties on fifteen top issues within the project. Ten issues (listed below) were chosen by the PMC, and the remaining five issues will be decided by the Cassandra community.
To kick off the fundraiser, Bountysource is pledging an initial $300. We'll pledge another $300 when the fundraiser hits 50% of its funding goal.
|Provide a locale/collation-aware text comparator||$ 500||8||12|
|Improve native protocol server latency||$ 2,000||0||11|
|Support 2ndary index queries with only non-EQ clauses||$ 2,000||2||11|
|Reduce memory, disk space, and cpu usage with a column name/id map||$ 2,000||7||30|
|Compaction strategy that minimizes re-compaction of old/frozen data||$ 2,000||2||12|
|Custom aggregate and filtering functions in CQL||$ 4,000||13||27|
|Lucene based Secondary Indexes||$ 4,000||35||51|
The top five issues chosen by the community will be added to this fundraiser. Vote now for the issues you want to see closed. We'll update the community's top issues every Friday.
No, but we have their permission to run this campaign.
Bountysource will pay developers directly. The Apache Software Foundation will not be involved.
The Cassandra PMC loosely categorized each issue as Easy ($500), Normal ($2,000), and Hard ($4,000).
We will work with the Cassandra PMC to identify additional issues to add to this fundraiser.
We will start at the top of the list and work our way down, funding all bounties we can until all funds are used.
Yes. If issues are closed before the fundraiser completes, they’ll be removed automatically. If you feel some issues deserve more attention than others, vote on those issues here. For any questions, please contact support.
Bounties will remain available until the issues are resolved.
The developer whose code resolves an issue can claim the bounty on that issue. They do not have to be affiliated with Cassandra or Apache to do so.
Bounties will only be paid out when an issue is closed and the code is merged into the project's master branch. All money raised will stay within the Bountysource system until issues are resolved.
Our standard 10% fee will be deducted from all pledges and the remaining 90% will go entirely towards bounties. Our standard fee covers the payment processing fees that Paypal and Google Wallet charge as well as other costs we incur.